Friday, January 21, 2011

Live music! Everyone watch :)

Took some pictures outside but didn't really get any I'm thrilled about.  Sometimes I find it hard to find a good picture without a subject.  I think this weekend I am going to go on a walk to see if I can find some pretty wintry scenes.

TWO bands that Brian is in are playing in Chicago at the Elbo Room this weekend and I'm finally able to see them. Online. From Boston. Both bands have new music and being 1200 miles away, I haven't really had a chance to hear any of it since I moved so I'm super excited! Tonight is Koplant No and tomorrow night is Slip Silo.  Definitely check them out if you are up at midnight! (or in my case 1:00 EST.... maybe I should take a nap?).

I did come home today to mess around with come camera features with Stella and am really happy with some of the results.  All of the ones displayed here are pictures I didn't expect to get, but I was photographing a live animal.  But I ended up being way happier with these than the ones I kind of tried to stage.  Learning from this, it seems to look much more natural and interesting by just going with the flow.  Pictures that are staged, maybe usually seem staged.  We had a fun little photo shoot and it did seem like Stella liked all the attention.  She definitely likes to put on a show sometimes.

I have only slightly messed around with editing photographs.  These have not been edited at all.  I think that is the next thing for me to start learning.  I was kind of thinking about getting the program Aperture. It is a lot cheaper than Photoshop and I can download it right on my computer from the Apple App store.  Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts?  I would also appreciate thoughts on what you think should be done to make these pictures look any better than they are.  Either by editing, or what I could have done while taking the picture. 


Kiss.

This is the point where I stopped trying to get her to do what I wanted, but instead decided to work with what she wanted to do.

4 second exposure
Good ol' quesadillas for dinner?  Yeah, it has been awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Try the Google Ap "Picnik" for photo editing and see what it does. It is free. It is worth a try before you shell out the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh thank you! I will try that.

    ReplyDelete