Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cozy Day for Kitty

We are having some crazy snow today.  It has been snowing all morning. Those big huge fluffy flakes that cover everything in five minutes.  I guess later it is supposed turn into rain.  I keep checking my email, but classes are still on.  Well, class is still on. One.
So before trudging outside to the practice rooms, I thought I would take some pictures of cozy Stella.  Forget what I said earlier about her being a patient model.  Today every time I tried to get her to look at me she would run over and bump into me and/or my camera trying to get some love and cuddles.  You can't hate her for that, I guess :)  So after a couple really failed attempts, I waited for her to fall asleep and then take pictures of her then.  Half way through she woke up and gave me the "I can't believe you woke me" stare, but then took a little bath and fell right back asleep.
 This is the best one from the first bunch of pictures I took of Stella.  This is her ignoring me.

Her mouth is open, but I thought it was funny. I think she just got done yawning. Poor thing.

While these photos were uploading, I decided to see if I could capture the size of these snowflakes outside so I went out on the deck and tried to get some snowflake pictures.  



You can see some of the big flakes, but they are HUGE! Hard to capture. I had it set on a fast shutter speed...maybe I should have just kept taking more and more pictures until it worked out.  Any ideas on capturing snowflakes?

1 comment:

  1. it looks like you've got it figured out. the last pic is nice. especially with the snowflakes against the backdrop of that brown house.

    ReplyDelete