Sunday, July 24, 2011

The worst thing ever is disappointing someone.

The other day I hurt someone who means everything to me. Generally I don't handle situations like this well because I avoid any confrontations if at all possible.  And when something does happen, I always just want things to back to the way they were instantly.  But it can't, and a lot of times it shouldn't be that easy.  I have that feeling I get in of my chest when something is unresolved or when something really bad just happened, and it is melting me.  

I have had kind of a bittersweet summer so far. The highs- absolutely euforic. The lows- confusing and desolate.  But without the lows the highs wouldn't feel so great, right?    

Whew. It's off my chest.

I played at a wedding today.  I got to see a couple old friends, and also feel like I got to know a person a little whom I didn't really know before.  I look forward to this next school year with him! The whole quartet was really having a good time. Sometimes playing for a friend's wedding brings out the best in a musician. The music being played is meaningful to so many people.  Man. There were a couple moments where I felt I wasn't behind the horn, but in the music.  It should always feel that way.

Tomorrow begins a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment