Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

I walked around for a really long time today.  I got up early and just walked.  I was surprised about the lack of people about today being that it is a sunny, beautiful 40 degrees!! But then I realized it's Superbowl Sunday. Of course. Silly me.  But it was nice.  Kind of a weird sort of calm that I don't normally find in this city.  Even jumping over puddles and trying not to do crazy stunts as I slip over ice and melting snow was kind of fun...or funny I guess.

Today was a fun picture day.  I meant to go to the rose garden.  I thought that would be an interesting feeling in the winter. I took some pictures there in the fall, and they turned out really interesting... almost eerie.  But when I went over there, there was no path to get into the garden.  If only I wore my huge boots!!  But it is in a nice area, so I took some sunny pictures! and pictures of ducks. lots and lots of ducks. 


The Sun!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Popular hang for both ducks and humans.


 He followed me everywhere :)  Zoom in on this if you can. He is beautiful.

Right now I am sitting at JP Licks uploading my pictures and about to do a lot of work on a paper.  But there is a couple next to me clearly in the first stages of meeting each other.  Asking a lot of questions which spark stories about trips to other countries their favorite music and art.  Sometimes meeting a person is one of the most fun stages of any relationship.  It's the part in a relationship where you start out not knowing anything about another person.  Anything can happen.  One time I went to a bar alone maybe about a month ago and met a group of people and had one of the best nights I've had since I moved here and knowing full well I'd never see these people again.  Meeting people is usually a time where you can be very genuine.  Start over.  Forget the ordinary.

1 comment:

  1. i love the blues. especially in the first one. and you're right, that duck is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete